by Krystle Krossman
Give yourself time before you start looking for results. Your body will take a little while to get there before you start to notice on the outside.
1. Keep track of everything. Keep track of the food that you eat, the exercises you do, and count your calories and make sure that you are eating a healthy diet.
2. If you are going to have a beverage with caffeine in it, make sure it’s before you work out so that you will have the energy to get a really good workout in.
4. Weigh your food with a scale. You shouldn’t be eyeballing it. This will help you to stay on track with portions.
5. Don’t get upset if you eat something that is less than perfect for your diet. Everyone cheats a little now in there.
6. Give yourself time before you start looking for results. Your body will take a little while to get there before you start to notice on the outside.
7. Always keep a journal of your food intake and your workout so that you have something to keep you accountable for your actions.
8. Use creatine. Don’t be scared away by the fact that it can cause a little swelling, this is just water retention and will disappear.
9. If you get a pain anywhere check and see that you don’t have anything more serious.
10. Always give yourself a little pep talk before you go in and lift weights. Tell yourself that you are strong and can lift the weights that you want to.
Read more in Healthy Black Woman
Op-ed pieces and contributions are the opinions of the writers only and do not represent the opinions of Y!/YNaija.