6 things a woman says when she is trying to steal your man
by Sasha Brown-Worsham
Ah, flattery. It will get you everywhere with a man. Make him feel special and loved and he is putty in your hand. Nice plan, sister.
My husband is one of those men who is totally clueless to other women’s advances. A women could plop down on his lap, start making out with him, and he STILL would say: “What? She just likes me as a friend.”
Suuuure. Still, you spend enough time with a guy like that and you start to doubt your female instinct. Maybe she isn’t a vicious man-stealing woman, intent on sleeping with my hubby. Maybe she IS just a friend. Let’s not kid ourselves.
The other day, we were hanging out with a friend when it became painfully obvious that a woman at the bar was making eyes at my husband. “You are fascinating,” she purred while I rolled my eyes. What a cliche! Then it occurred to me that these ladies are very easy to spot. They all say the same things! Below, find the 6 things a woman says when she is trying to take your man:
1. “Does he have a brother?”: That is the single most oft-used line from women who are looking to co-opt your man. Assuming the answer is no, then who does she really want? Isn’t it obvious?
2. “If your WIFE isn’t interested in that, I sure am”: The number one “home-wrecker” tool is to be what the spouse isn’t. So if she isn’t a scientist, BOOM! You are. See how that works?
3. “I’ll never be as pretty as your wife”: This one is especially manipulative. It LOOKS like a compliment, but it’s not. It’s actually a thinly disguised way to open a conversation no one should be having with YOUR spouse.
4. “Is your wife WILD (like me)?”: This is just yuck. And obvious. And wrong.
5. “Wanna go to lunch alone?”: Pretty much any time a woman is trying to get your man alone, you should have your ears perked up. I happen to believe men and women can’t really be “just friends” at least most of the time. So if a woman were asking my husband to hang out alone, I would be on red alert.
6. “Wow, my boyfriend would NEVER do that for me. You are SO great!”: Ah, flattery. It will get you everywhere with a man. Make him feel special and loved and he is putty in your hand. Nice plan, sister.
Read this article in The Stir
Op-ed pieces and contributions are the opinions of the writers only and do not represent the opinions of Y!/YNaija.