If your boyfriend has suddenly stopped using all those cute nicknames he used to and has started calling you by your real name then there is possiblity that he has lost interest in you and found interest in someone else.
Many a times, girls don’t worry much when they find that their boyfriend is trying to ignore them by giving various excuses. These days, need based relationship are seen more than serious relationships. Also if needs are not fulfilled then the parties involved don’t think for two seconds before moving on. You should be aware of what is going around you if you are serious about your relationship. If you want your relationship to last long or not fall in love with a wrong person then you should be aware. So how do you know if your boyfriend is cheating on you? Is my boyfriend cheating thought might have struck you many a times but you might have not given it a serious thought. You want to know if he is cheating or not but don’t know how to or maybe scared that your friend will know and break-up. Worry not, here are 8 ways to know if your boyfriend is cheating on you:
1) Phone Calls: In relationships, the couples involved often talk with each other till late night. If your boyfriend has started giving you excuse to avoid these late night calls then there can be a chance that he is calling someone else and might be cheating on you. These excuses can be anything – too tired to talk, too busy to talk, parents keeping a watch, etc. He might be keeping your call on hold by giving some silly excuse and when you check his mobile, you find frequent texts/calls to an unfamiliar number.
2) No nicknames: In a relationship, couples love to call each other by cute nicknames to express their love to each other. If your boyfriend has suddenly stopped using all those cute nicknames he used to and has started calling you by your real name then there is possiblity that he has lost interest in you and found interest in someone else. Like really, I myself have been in a relationship and we used to call each other by silly nicknames all the time. If your boyfriend has stopped using them then you should really ask yourself one question “Is my boyfriend cheating on me?”
3) Fighting often: If your boyfriend is cheating then it would make him more aggressive towards you. Actually, it makes anyone who is cheating aggressive. So if your boyfriend and you are indulging in fights more often than usual or things about you that didn’t bother him before are bothering now or things that he found cute earlier doesn’t find cute anymore then there are chances that he is cheating or has lost interest in you.
4) Getting abusive: If your boyfriend loves you then he will never, let me repeat, never insult you or let you get insulted by someone else. If your boyfriend is insulting you, talking rudely with you in front of his friends or your friends then that is not a good sign.
5) Doesn’t bother: Maybe one day, you don’t call your boyfriend because you are busy with some work and it doesn’t bother him. Has this happened to you? If it doesn’t bother him that you don’t/can’t call or meet and he isn’t concerned about your problems then I guess it is time for ‘the talk’.
6) Doesn’t share: If your boyfriend has stopped sharing his life with you and calls you insecure or possessive when you ask him about his life then there might be a slight chance that your boyfriend is cheating on you. I mean, we share our lives with the person we love. So if your boyfriend has stopped doing that then you should look into it a.s.a.p.
7) Attention seeker: If your boyfriend has suddenly started dressing up nicely, applying various kinds of perfumes, hair gels, etc. then there is a possible chance that he is doing all that to put an impression on someone. If your boyfriend disapproves this fact then consider this, your boyfriend already has you, you like him so obviously you are impressed by him. He doesn’t need to impress you by grooming. If he suddenly starts grooming himself then something is wrong. Your boyfriend might be cheating on you.
8) Smelling different: If your boyfriend smells of a product that isn’t yours or his then you shouldn’t let your guard down.
Op-ed pieces and contributions are the opinions of the writers only and do not represent the opinions of Y!/YNaija.
Follow @ynaija on Twitter