The March 2013 issue of Y! magazine is out! This edition is covered by artiste and new record label owner Wizkid – in an interview by Adedoyin Jaiyesimi and photos by Kelechi Amadi-Obi. Wizkid is styled by Tiannah Styling’s Toyin Lawani.
“As this magazine went to print, the rumours were just about confirmed in public and sources had certainly confirmed in private,” said Chude Jideonwo, its editor-in-chief. “The amazing talent powerhouse called Wizkid had aggressively parted ways with EME, the label powered by Banky W – interesting news in light of what he told us only weeks before.”
In the cover story titled ‘No kidding’, Wizkid speaks frankly about his background, the history of his music, the evolution of his sound and the people who have made him what he is now – including former manager Osagie Osarenkhoe and Empire Mates Entertainment boss Banky W.
The shoot was anchored by the iconic KelechiAmadi-Obi, with styling by Toyin Lawani of Tiannah Styling.
As always, Y! magazine – reputed as “high priest of the youth culture” – is a fine mishmash of the trending topics for young Nigerians; in lifestyle, pop culture, fashion and a journey through the issues.
There are interviews with Tinsel’s Linda Ejiofor, Moet Abebe, Seyi Shay, Uru Eke, Ms. Jaie and others. As well as ‘Generation to Generation’ conversation with former ministerial nominee and executive director of the Sahara Group, Tonye Cole.
In addition, the magazine presents its annual ‘New Establishment’ list, profiling the most promising young Nigerians across the world – under the age of 35.
“Wizkid is, ultimately, just one of 50 young people below 35 carefully selected by our team of curators,” Jideonwo said. “As always our New Establishment list profiles young people who aren’t red carpet fixtures or necessary celebrities, but who define the spirit of the age and are set to shine in 2013.
And don’t miss Y!’s annual Sexiest list! The 2013 list features Africa’s Sexiest Man Alive and Africa’s Sexiest Women Alive – and the editors have a blast thinking and talking through bodies, torsos and all that beauty!
Y! is available in stores and from vendors across the country. It is also available at all House of Tara Stores in Lagos, Abuja, Ilorin, Port-Harcourt, Benin, Kano, Ibadan and Kaduna and with Y! campus representatives in 19 states. You can also pay for the magazine with your mobile phone and have it delivered to you at no extra charge.
More information is available on www.ynaija.com/magazine or via Twitter on @YNaijaMagazine.
HOW TO PAY WITH YOUR PHONE AND HAVE IT DELIVERED TO YOU AT NO EXTRA COST
1. Go to www.pocketmoni.com and download ‘Pocket Moni’.
2. Click on the ‘Send Money’ option and enter our phone number, 08173000001, and then enter the amount you want to pay us.
3. You will be prompted to enter your pin, which would have been given to you on registering for the app, and click ‘Send’. The transaction is instant; the money will be debited and we will receive an alert immediately.
4. Or you can click the ‘Bank Account’ option. Put in our bank details Ecobank 0052126539 and our phone number 08173000001.
5. We will have the magazine delivered to you in Lagos at no extra cost! (Out-of-Lagos deliveries will include postal charges)Share on WhatsApp