Justice Danladi Umar, Chairman of the Code of Conduct Tribunal, is having the most defining moment of his career as he lords over the trial of Bukola Saraki.
Umar will be remembered for having the balls to order the arrest of a sitting Senate President, twice.
With the eyes of the nation firmly fixed on him, the job beforehand will either make him or make him infamous.
Here are 5 things you should know about Justice Umar;
- He was born on August 19, 1971 in Toro Local government of Bauchi State.
- Danladi is the youngest chairman to be appointed for the tribunal at the age of 40.
- He is an alunmi of the University of Maidguri.
- He has worked with reputable firms in the past before getting to this position. He cut his teeth with Legal chambers like Ayinde Sani and Co, Ibrahim Umar and Co and Kanu Agabi and Associates.
- He has vast experience in working with the government, having worked with Federal Civil Service as Senior Legal Officer Federal Ministry of Justice, Assistant Legal Adviser in some ministries including the Federal Capital Territory and Culture and Tourism respectively and also Chief Magistrate in Bauchi State.