Want to be a featured blogger on YNaija? Join the YNaija Blogger Program.
YNaija is looking for bloggers willing to dictate the narrative on the Nigerian Internet. You can contribute to any of our editorial brands:
- YNaija – Pop Culture & Entertainment
- Y! Africa – Lifestyle & the Arts
- Y! Politico – Politics
- September Standard – Fashion
- Tech Africa – Technology
YNaija has grown tremendously in the last couple of years and has now established itself as the true digital voice of the Nigerian youth, reaching millions of readers every month. Our growth has been nothing short of exponential and it’s time you became a part of that.
It’s pretty simple. The more you produce quality content, the higher you move up our ladder.
What is this point thing?
To explain, let’s look at the example of John Doe, a writer in the program. John produces an article – Article A. At the end of the month, Article A generates 2000 page views.
John’s end of month breakdown for Article A is as follows:
Producing at this rate per month, it’ll take John 50 articles to attain a Blogger status.
The goal is to accumulate as many points as possible within the given timeframe, i.e. a month.
As you accumulate points based on our formula, you can level up and get closer to our Featured Blogger position. Don’t worry, the process is transparent and every month our updated “Blogger Rankings” will be shared.
Keys to becoming a Featured Blogger
- Be consistent
- Produce quality content
- Cultivate an audience
Joining our team gives you one of the more prominent voices for the Nigerian youth in the digital age. We will offer you a platform to springboard you into a professional writing gig either with us or another media company.
Let’s be honest, it’ll look nice on a resume.
What we want
- You are capable of rational thought and you can put these thoughts in coherent text.
- You have a great interest in either politics, pop culture and gossip, entertainment, fashion or the arts.
- You have strong opinions on issues and feel they should be heard.
- A witty/conversational tone and distinct voice
- Your writing is very important to you – from the narratives you create to the facts you use to create them.
- The ability to fact-check and follow existing formatting guidelines and style
What we’d love you to have
- You are active on social media and you keep up with the trends.
- You enjoy healthy discussion on issues on the internet.
- You’re familiar with HTML and image editing
What we don’t want
- Boring AP-style journalism
- Long-winded writing and/or rambling that leads to nowhere.
Send an email to editor[at]ynaija[dot]com tell us a bit about yourself and attach a writing sample.
Follow @ynaija on Twitter