You hate to spend time away from her. Your friends like her. Your mom loves her. You know that she is the one and can’t wait to start your life together. You have even saved up the money to purchase a beautiful diamond cluster ring. Now it is time to secretly find out her ring size, purchase an affordable trio ring set, and come up with a romantic way to propose this Christmas. Here are some Christmas proposal ideas to get you started:
1. Hide a diamond cluster ring in the toe of her Christmas stocking.
2. Bury the ring box under a pile of packing peanuts in a giant wrapped gift box.
3. Create a personalized proposal Christmas ornament at a make-your-own pottery studio, such as Color Me Mine.
4. Tie a trio ring set with a ribbon and hand it to her like a Christmas ornament to hang on the Christmas tree.
5. Wrap up a travel Scrabble set with the words “Will you marry me” spelled out on the game board.
6. Arrange for the Santa Claus at the mall to give your girlfriend a ring box when she tells him what she wants for Christmas.
7. Hide an engagement ring in the bottom of her glass of champagne (or tie it to the stem if you’re safety-minded!).
8. Slip a diamond cluster ring onto her finger as you say grace before Christmas dinner.
9. Create a Christmas scavenger hunt that ends with a proposal spelled out in Christmas lights.
10. Have a bakery make a special Christmas cookie decorated with the words “Will you marry me?”
What are your own ideas for romantic Christmas proposals?
Op-ed pieces and contributions are the opinions of the writers only and do not represent the opinions of Y!/YNaija.
Follow @ynaija on Twitter