Vice President Prof Yemi Osinbajo Sunday, gave the assurance that Nigeria will overcome the challenges facing the country and be prosperous again.
Osinbajo spoke at the 2017 Independence Day Interdenominational Church Service at the National Christian Centre in Abuja.
The service was with the theme “National Unity in the Bond of Peace and Love.”
- The Vice President said the greatest commandment in the scripture is “love the Lord your God with all your strength and love your neighbour as yourself.”
- He also reminded the congregation that the Bible encourages people to love their enemies.
- “Our nation is at a point where we should teach the people the virtue of the Lord Jesus Christ.”
- Osinbajo prayed that the nation will blossom and overcome challenges and that the glory of the former days will be adding that nothing could “be compared to the glory of the latter days.”
- He said the nation would be joyful and prosperous.
- Also speaking, a former Head of State Yakubu Gowon said, “Continue to pray for the peace and unity of Nigeria. Do not fear, Nigeria has fought for its unity and the unity will continue with your prayer.”
- Delivering the message, Rev. Aminu Turaki (TEKAN/ECWA) called on the Federal Government to urgently convene a National Conference to resolve the divisive challenges facing the nation.
- “Having power over the people are not good enough, the leaders must be rooted in Godly character. Too much religion without ethics is useless. Religion without ethics and morality is dead,” he said.
Others dignitaries and clerics at the service were National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) John Odigie-Oyegun, wife of the Vice President Mrs Dolapo Osinbajo, Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu who was represented by Prof. Olusola Adeyeye.
Also at the service were CAN President Rev. Samson Ayokunle, Archbishop Nicholas Okoh, Bishop Peter Ogunmuyiwa and top government officials.
Omoleye Omoruyi… an apprentice web/game developer, novelist, sensitive to happenings in the world. Meet him @Lord_rickie on Twitter/Instagram