These are the top ten stories that drove conversation this week.
1. We’re in talks with over 16 political parties to take power back – Makarfi
The Chairman, National Caretaker Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Ahmed Makarfi, has said that the party is in talks with over 16 political parties ahead of 2019 elections.
2. “I don’t think God has fixed a date for the Igbo to go” – APC Chieftain
A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and National Coordinator of the Yoruba Youth Alliance (YYA), Jackson Lekan Ojo has said it is not yet time for the Igbos to secede.
3. NYSC releases orientation course for Stream II Batch A corps members
After much delay, the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) released its orientation course for Stream 2, Batch “A” corps members.
4. ‘EFCC discovers Diezani, Aluko Dubai mansions’
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) is set to seize a mansion belonging to one of the oil contracts fraud suspects, Kola Aluko, in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE).
5. Nigeria is already out of recession – Adeosun
Adeosun has said that that the country was already out of recession “to an extent.”
6. FG offered me Biafra with only 5 states – Nnamdi Kanu
Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu on Wednesday claimed that the Federal Government offered him Biafra while he was in prison.
7. I didn’t say FG will ban production of music videos overseas – Lai Mohammed
Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has denied saying the Federal Government will ban production of Nigerian movies and music videos abroad.
8. Election will hold in Anambra | Obiano threatens to arrest Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB members
Anambra State governor, Willie Obiano on Wednesday said members of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) posing a threat to the November 18 poll will be arrested.
9. What Igbos must do for Biafra to become a reality – Nnamdi Kanu
The leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu has urged pro-Biafrans to sit at home come November 18 if they want to Biafra to be actualized.
10. Peter Okoye derides group calling for his arrest
Peter Okoye of P-Square, responded to a call for his arrest by an APC youth group.
Omoleye Omoruyi… an apprentice web/game developer, novelist, sensitive to happenings in the world. Meet him @Lord_rickie on Twitter/Instagram