These are the top five stories you should be monitoring today.
- Arrested Supreme Court Justices voluntarily withdraw from sittings
Justices Okoro Inyang and Sylva Ngwuta, both of the Supreme Court who were arrested over allegations of corruption have withdrawn from sittings until they are able to clear their names.
2. House of Reps summon Customs boss over alleged insurance fraud
The Controller-General of the Nigeria Customs Service, Col. Hameed Ali (retd.) has been summoned by an ad hoc committee of the House of Representatives over an alleged N250m insurance fraud involving the service.
3. Militant group blows up pipeline, rejects N’Delta meeting with Buhari
The Niger Delta Greenland Justice Mandate has attacked a crude oil delivery line at Effurun-Otor Ughelli South Council Area of Delta State.
The militant group destroyed the pipeline to announce its rejection of Tuesday’s meeting between President Muhammadu Buhari and some leaders of the region.
4. Ondo election: Buhari made Jimoh Ibrahim PDP’s candidate – PDP Chieftain
A member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Board of Trustees, Chief Ebenezer Babatope has accused President Muhammadu Buhari of forcing Jimoh Ibrahim on the party as its candidate in the forthcoming Ondo governorship election.
5. Importation of rice will stop in 2017 – FG
Minsiter of Agriculture, Audu Ogbeh has said Nigeria will stop the importation of rice next year.