These are the top five news stories to monitor today
1. APC in crisis as Tinubu calls Oyegun’s resignation
The ruling All Progress Congress is allegedly in crisis mode as the National Leader of the Party, Bola Tinubu, has called for the resignation of the party’s chairman, John Oyegun.
2. Cultist attack Lagos House member
Suspected cultists attacked and attempted to rob a member of the Lagos State House of Assembly, Kazeem Aliyu.
3. SERAP files suit against FG
SERAP, a nongovernmental organization, has filed a legal suit against the Nigerian government over failure to charge and prosecute former First Lady Dame Patience Jonathan.
4. PENGASSAN threatens to go on strike if FG sells national assets
The Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN) has threatened to embark on strike if the Federal Government sells any of the national assets.
5. Falana refuses to apologies to Soludo
Human rights lawyer, Femi Falana, has said he would not apologise to former governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Charles Soludo.