These are the top five stories you should monitor today.
- Why we can’t pay workers full salaries – Dickson
Bayelsa state governor, Seriake Dickson says workers in the state cannot receive their salaries due to its dwindling revenue.
2. Ondo APC crisis: Olusola Oke dumps APC for AD
One of the aggrieved aspirants in the Ondo State APC governorship primaries, Olusola Oke on Saturday decamped from the party to the Alliance for Democracy (AD).
3. NFF orders foreign-based players to buy flight tickets for Zambia clash
The Nigeria Football Federation have asked foreign-based players who were invited for the World Cup qualifier against Zambia to buy their flight tickets, African Football reports.
4. Buhari’s directive led to the prompt rescue of my wife – Emefiele
Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Godwin Emefiele on Saturday confirmed the release of his wife, Margaret Emefiele who was kidnapped on Friday.
5. Budget Padding: Dogara threatened lawmakers with running cost to get support – Jibrin
Former Chairman of the House of Representatives Committee on Appropriations, Abdulmumin Jibrin has yet again open another pandora box, despite being recently suspended for 180 days.