Fire outbreak kills twins in Ogun

Two children, Taiye and Kehinde Oluwasegun were burnt to death in a fire outbreak in Gaun, in the Magboro area of Ogun State on Tuesday.

It was learnt that fire gutted the bungalow where the victims live with their parents while they were preparing for dinner.

One of the siblings had mistakenly spilled fuel on the floor which found its way to the lantern and caused an explosion.

It was gathered that while residents were able to rescue the parents and two other siblings, the 3-year-old twins were not so lucky.

One of the children, Korede said, “My daddy has two generators. We use the big one to pump water, while the small one is for the house.

“My daddy had put the small one in the room to pour petrol into it before taking it to the cage that was outside. My mummy was preparing food in the kitchen that time.

“My sister, who didn’t know there was a jerrycan on the floor, tripped over it. My mum then took the mop to clean spilled petrol. She was doing that when the fire started. There were six of us in the house: my dad and mum, my sister, the twins and me.”

The traditional ruler of Gaun, Sumonu Seidu, said a delegation from the community had visited the victims in the hospital.

“I am aware the couple lost their twins after a fire incident,” he said

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published.

cool good eh love2 cute confused notgood numb disgusting fail