by Rachel Ogbu
After a judge granted a temporary restraining order to Halle Berry’s ex Gabriel Aubry, the former Bond girl plans to take her ex to court again to make the restraining order permanent.
The emergency protective order said to be lifted on Tuesday stated that the Canadian model is not allowed to come within 100 yards of Halle, their four-year-old daughter, Nahla and her new beau Olivier Martinez.
If the request is granted, this means Gabriel will not be allowed near his daughter for an undetermined time.
According to reports, if Gabriel can’t control himself enough to protect Nahla from emotional trauma, it’s too risky for him to be around the child, Halle, or her fiancé.’
Over this Thanksgiving weekend, things turned really nasty following a long custody battle mainly fought inside the courtroom. Aubry and Berry, 46, have been involved in a bitter custody battle ever since their split in 2010.
Aubry was involved in a fist fight with the actress’s new lover, Martinez, on Thursday November 22, which resulted in the couple getting an emergency protective order against him.
The psychical fight occurred after Aubry showed up at the couple’s house on Thanksgiving and got into an argument with Martinez.
After Martinez reportedly told Aubry: ‘We have to move on,’ the Canadian model is said to have retaliated and pushed the French actor and tried to punch him before a full blown fight broke out.
Aubry was charged with battery and taken into custody upon his discharge from hospital at around 3.30pm on Thursday – where he was treated for a broken rib and bruises to the face.
He was later released on $20,000 bail, after which the emergency restraining order was granted to the Oscar-winning actress, her fiance and her daughter.
Meanwhile, 46-year-old Martinez was seen on Friday with a swollen hand and neck injuries after the altercation.
Earlier this week, the actress tried convince a judge to allow her to move to France with Nahla to live with her new lover, but the move was blocked by the courts.