On Sunday November 20, five of Nigeria’s top early stage entrepreneurs will pitch their businesses for cash and prizes at the She Leads Africa Accelerator Demo Day at Filmhouse IMAX in Lekki. Each entrepreneur will make a case for their business and why they believe it will be successful in front of esteemed judges including the Managing Director/CEO of Guaranty Trust Bank Segun Agbaje, Founder of the Growing Business Foundation Dr. Ndidi Nnoli-Edozien, Managing Director of Amari Group Eloho Omame, and Founder of Venture Capital 4 Africa Ben White.
The five companies selected to pitch at the She Leads Africa Accelerator Demo Day are:
- BathKandy Co. – Creates sumptuous dessert-inspired beauty treats for women who crave the finer things.
- Bubble Tii – Bringing the Bubble Tea phenomena to Africa.
- DeliveryBros – Helps you save time and stress through pickup and drops from the market to your house or office.
- Fresh Direct Nigeria – An eco-friendly agriculture social enterprise that produces premium organic produce through hydroponics and community action.
- Medsaf.com – Solves the medical industry’s procurement problem, by providing a technology enabled distribution solution resulting in transparency and simplicity.
The She Leads Africa Accelerator is a 5 month entrepreneurship development program in partnership with the Work in Progress! Alliance and Guaranty Trust Bank. The program worked with 10 promising companies in 2016 and is designed to identify, support and fund the next generation of Nigeria’s brightest female entrepreneurs. The Demo Day is proudly supported by IMAX Lekki Filmhouse, media partners Bella Naija and YNaija, and public relations support from LSF|PR.
She Leads Africa is a community that helps young African women achieve their professional dreams. Individuals interested in learning more about these opportunities and joining the She Leads Africa community can join here.
– Interview requests for the finalists can be sent to [email protected]