Samsung Galaxy Note 7 catches fire on airplane

A passenger’s replaced Galaxy Note 7 caught fire prior to the takeoff of a US flight, leading to the evacuation of the passengers.

Samsung had received complaints of exploding batteries and had recalled the phones from buyers.

However, on Wednesday, a Southwest Airlines flight leaving Louisville, Kentucky was evacuated after a passenger’s new Samsung phone began emitting smoke.

The owner of the phone, Brian Green said the phone was a replacement which he picked up on September 21.

“Until we are able to retrieve the device, we cannot confirm that this incident involves the new Note7,” Samsung said in a statement.

“We are working with the authorities and Southwest now to recover the device and confirm the cause.

“Once we have examined the device we will have more information to share,” they added.

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 have been banned on Nigerian airlines by the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA).

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published.

cool good eh love2 cute confused notgood numb disgusting fail