We all know Tyler Perry as the man who stands on top of Hollywood. But there are a lot of thing about Perry’s life and career that you may not know. One thing we can confirm is that this man has overcome a great deal to get to where he is.
Here are a few things about Tyler that you may not know already:
1) Perry once attempted suicide to get away from his father’s beatings. Perry said that his father’s answer to everything was “to beat it out of you.”
2) Tyler changed his name from Emmitt when he was 16 in order to distance himself from his father.
3) He learned to write by watching the Oprah Winfrey show, where the guest explained that writing can have therapeutic effects on the soul. His first writings were letters to himself.
4) Tyler was molested by three men and a woman in the neighborhood. He later found out that his father molested his friend.
5) Tyler earned $130 million dollars last year, making him the highest paid man in all of Hollywood.
Tyler reminds all of us to keep it moving, no matter what. You never know what’s in store for you if you try.