TICKER: Two women charged in grisly death of woman found raped, burned alive on side of road

Two Ohio women have been charged in the gruesome death of a troubled young woman who was found burned alive and wailing in agony on the side of a rural road last week.

Celeste Fronsman, 29, of Canton, was naked, burned and had a strap around her neck when she was discovered by a driver near Zanesville, east of Columbus, on Aug. 26.

The driver, who didn’t give his name, said he didn’t realize that the charred hulk of flesh along Rt. 208 was even a person at first.

In a scene “out of a horror show,” Fronsman suddenly flung herself at his car and shrieked for help, the driver told the Zanesville Times Recorder.

“I caught her and picked her up in my arms,” the man told the newspaper. “I told her I was going to lay her in the grass and knew then that God had put me there for her.”

Though doctors said she suffered burns on 80 percent of her body, Fronsman was conscious and told the man she had been beaten and raped.

She was taken to a Ohio State University hospital in Columbus, where she died two days later.

On Wednesday, Katrina Culberson, 20, Monica Washington, 24, both of Canton, were indicted in Muskingum County court on charges of aggravated murder, kidnapping and aggravated arson.

LaFonse Dixon, 33, was also arrested in the killing, but he has not been indicted.

If convicted, they could face the death penalty.

Investigators said Fronsman knew her killers, but wouldn’t comment on a motive or how the group ended up in the area, which is an hour and a half south of Canton.

Muskingum County Sheriff Matt Lutz said the attack was the worst thing he’s seen in 23 years in law enforcement.

“I don’t know if words can describe it. Nobody deserves to die or be killed, but in the manner that this young lady was killed was very violent and very gory…” Lutz said, according to local NBC News.

Court records showed Fronsman was arrested more than 20 times since 2003, including busts for cocaine possession and domestic violence, and was involved in prostitution, The Associated Press reported.

Investigators believed the sick trio tortured Fronsman in a wooded area about a quarter mile from where she was found.

She apparently crawled out of the woods before flagging down help.

Culberson was arrested in canton on an outstanding warrant on Aug. 29, while Washington was arrested on Monday and Dixon on Tuesday afternoon.

NY Daily News

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published.

cool good eh love2 cute confused notgood numb disgusting fail