National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Bola Ahmed Tinubu has accented to a retraction and apology from Chairman of DAAR Communication Plc, Chief Raymond Dokpesi as settlement for the defaming and libelous documentary aired by the Africa Independent Television in 2015 titled “Lion of Bourdillon”.
The documentary was aired at the peak of the campaigns leading up to the 2015 general elections.
AIT, campaigned for ex-president Goodluck Jonathan to be reecleted massively although, Tinubu’s party, the All Progressives Congress won the election.
Lawyer to Tinubu, Wole Olanipekun and Dokpesi’s counsel Mike Ozekhome, on Friday, presented the terms of settlement reached on 29 January, 2016 before the trial court judge, Justice Iyabo Akinkugbe.
Among other things in the terms of the agreement is an apology and a retraction of the broadcast by the TV station which would be aired daily for a three months.
The trial court subsequently adopted the terms of settlement.
Read the full text of the retraction by DAAR communications.
Retraction and Apology by DAAR Communications Plc to Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu
Further to the terms of settlement in Suit No: ID/196GCMW/2015 between Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Daar Communications Plc filed as a result of the broadcast of a documentary titled ‘Lion of Bourdilon’ and which terms were adopted at the High Court of Lagos State on 5th February, 2016 as the judgment of the court, the defendant, Daar. Communication Plc, hereby retract and apologies to Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu as follows;
1. Daar Communications Plc, acknowledges that Asiwaju Bola Tinubu is an outstanding. Political leader of unblemished character and integrity, as well as a leading public figure and opinion moulder who has made and continues to make immense, colossal and gargantuan contributions to the progress and development of the nation in general. And Lagos State in particular.
2. Daar Communication Plc admits that in airing the said documentary, it had no intention whatsoever to embarrass or diminish the high reputation of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu which it respects and attests to.
3. Daar Communications Plc hereby makes a public and unequivocal retraction of the said documentary titled ‘Lion of Bourdilon’, which was broadcast on its television station, AIT.
4. Daar Communications Plc hereby tenders unreserved apology to Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu for the broadcast of the documentary on its television station, AIT.
5. Daar Communications Plc prays that Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu will live long to make more enormous contributions to the advancement of our nation, Nigeria, Lagos State and the world at large.
Leave a reply