The Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Mohammad Sa’ad Abubakar III Friday, said that those killing in the name of God will surely go to hell.
He said this while delivering the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, 57th Founder’s Day Dignity Award Lecture entitled “Restoring the Dignity of Man”.
- “We cannot restore the dignity of man by killing innocent people. The herdsmen killing people are criminals and not Fulani herdsmen. Anybody who kills people while shouting Allah, is a terrorist and not a true Muslim and will go to hell. Allah hates people who kill and says they will go to hell,” the Sultan said.
- According to the Sultan, education remains a veritable tool for human development as it promotes unity, peace and economy.
- “A country that takes education serious tends to develop healthier and happier. Education is light and means to restore the dignity of man while ignorance is darkness. Education will continue to be a veritable tool for human and societal development.”
- “Education is an instrument for national development and the interaction of persons and ideas are all aspects of education.”
- Also speaking, Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi applauded UNN for its numerous contributions to national development as well as in restoring the dignity of man.
- “We appreciate the Sultan for coming to deliver this important lecture; that shows the volume of love he has for UNN as well as Enugu State. All hands must be on deck in sustaining the founding fathers’ dreams in restoring the dignity of man,” he said.
- In a remark, Gov. Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta, who was conferred with Dignity of Man Award, said, “I am humbled by this award and will come back to put a physical structure in appreciation of this honour the university has done me.”