The family of Asta, the wife of the Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, has said that their daughter got married to the IGP publicly at the Sultan Bello Mosque, Kaduna.
- Senator Isa Misau Wednesday, on the floor of the Senate, alleged that the IGP married Asta secretly in Kaduna after allegedly impregnating her.
- Nasiru Baba Saleh, a member of the family, told Daily Trust over the phone that Misau lied against their daughter and that he must prove the allegations in court.
- “Truly, we’re seriously angry, because this is a girl that grew up in a responsible way. She got a very good upbringing, and we married her out peacefully. We see no reason why this man will come publicly inside the chamber of the Senate to say the man impregnated her before he married her.”
- “What kind of defamation is this? We have evidence. We have the pictures and everything. The Commissioner of Police and DC Operations were there. They all witnessed the wedding. The wedding was done publicly and marriage certificate was issued to them.”
- “We’ll have to sue him for defamation of character of the girl and the family. We’ll do that within the week.“
- “Is he trying to say that we gave her out in marriage with pregnancy? What’s the position of that in Islam? It is not done in Islam. We just have to take action.“
Omoleye Omoruyi… an apprentice web/game developer, novelist, sensitive to happenings in the world. Meet him @Lord_rickie on Twitter/Instagram