In a Press Forum for the month of September, the Defence Headquarters (DHQ) said the various operations and exercises are being sustained in the North East, North West, North Central, South West, South South and South Eastern parts of Nigeria.
- The DHQ reaffirmed the unalloyed loyalty of the Armed Forces to the Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, President Muhammadu Buhari – cancelling out claims by groups such as Afenifere and others, that such military exercises could lead to another coup d’etat.
- The DHQ also reaffirmed the Military’s “total subordination” to constituted civil authorities and “complete dedication” to its Constitutional roles.
- Dedication of the Armed Forces of Nigeria, to the protection of lives and property of all peace loving people where ever they live in Nigeria.
- The DHQ reassures the general public of conducting its duties and tasks in line with best international military practices.
- Finally, the general public is requested to furnish the security agencies with information on suspicious activities of individuals, groups or organisations that are contrary to Nigeria’s national security.
In another development, the DHQ said Troops of Operation RESTORE DEMOCRACY in the Gambia have been rotated. The contingent earned the operational medal, due to their outstanding performance. A new set has been inducted into the mission (ECOMIG).
Omoleye Omoruyi… an apprentice web/game developer, novelist, sensitive to happenings in the world. Meet him @Lord_rickie on Twitter/Instagram