The Minister of Interior, Abdulrahman Dambazau has warned that the delay issuance of visas from any country to Nigerians would no longer be tolerated.
The Minister said this on Monday in Abuja while meeting with the Foreign Affairs Minister, Geoffrey Onyeama, to resolve some of the issues militating against visa issuance.
The meeting also had in attendance the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, the Comptroller-General of Immigration, Mohammed Babandede.
- Onyeama said the meeting was to enhance ease of doing business in the country. He agreed that the nation was still having challenges regarding consular services.
- “It is embarrassing that one will want visa and will have an unnecessary delay from the issuance countries,” Dambazau said.
- “We as a country needs to take our stand; we should deal with any country the way they deal with us on visa issuance. They should not think that we need them more than they need us.”
- Babandede also corroborated Dambazau’s stand on the issue.
- He said, “What we are saying is that we as a country, we would also like to retaliate. Anybody who delays visa for our nationals, we would also do the same as a country because we have a pride as a nation.”
- The comptroller-general, however, said Nigeria was committed to ensuring that business was done normally with friends of the country.
Omoleye Omoruyi… an apprentice web/game developer, novelist, sensitive to happenings in the world. Meet him @Lord_rickie on Twitter/Instagram