CHRISTMAS MESSAGE TO THE NATION FROM PRESIDENT GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN, GCFR
1. I greet and felicitate with you all as we join the rest of the world in celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ the Messiah many years ago in Bethlehem.
2. Christmas and the lessons of Jesus Christ’s mission on earth have great significance for us as a people and there can be no doubt that we all, irrespective of our religious beliefs, can draw immense strength and inspiration from the Messiah’s enduring personification of selflessness, dedication to duty, and commitment to the well-being of others.
3. The virtues and ideals of peace, tolerance, faithfulness, honesty, justice, fairness, true wisdom, knowledge and understanding which He taught and exemplified also remain very relevant to us in Nigeria as we continue to grapple with the challenges of development and nation-building.
4. My Administration continues to do its best to give our beloved country effective leadership towards rapidly overcoming present challenges.
5. As we celebrate Christmas, the ultimate significance of which is the fulfillment of God’s promise of a Saviour for mankind, I urge you all to continue to trust in our unwavering commitment to fully achieving the objectives of our Agenda for National Transformation for the benefit of all Nigerians.
6. No one should doubt that we have the political will and determination to deliver on our promise of positive changes in the living conditions of our people in the shortest possible time.
7. While we continue to deal with the regrettable distractions posed by threats to peace and security in parts of the country, the Federal Government remains very focused on the primary objective of achieving significant improvements in priority areas such as public infrastructure, power supply, transportation, roads, health, education, job creation, agriculture and industrialization as quickly as possible.
8. It is my hope and expectation that more of the efforts, actions and measures we are already undertaking in these areas will successfully come to fruition next year and make the results of the diligent project planning and execution being done under this administration more apparent to all Nigerians.
9. I seize the opportunity of the Christmas celebrations to express my sincere appreciation, once again, to the vast majority of patriotic Nigerians who have kept faith with this Administration since its inception.
10. We will continue to count on your support and cooperation, as well as your prayers for peace, stability and progress of our beloved nation.-
11. I wish you all a very merry Christmas.
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR
Federal Republic of Nigeria
December 25, 2012