by Meghna Mukherjee
Though drinking beer is okay, you need to have it responsibly.
1. Beer is known to decrease the incidence of heart diseases by approximately 20 to 40 per cent. Though drinking beer is okay, you need to have it responsibly. Moderate consumption of beer results in an increase in HDL and a decrease in LDL along with an improvement in both.
2. Beer is loaded with vitamins. According to a Dutch study, there was aremarkable 30 percent increase in vitamin B6 in beer drinkers.
3. It is also known to decrease kidney stones.
4. Beer is also believed to make your head clear. Drinking the right amount of beer is good for your mental health. According to The New England Journal of Medicine, reported a preservation of mental acuity, especially in older women who drink alcohol moderately.
5. There have been numerous studies that have shown that the consumption of moderate alcohol also decreases the incidence of Alzheimer’s and improves memory, concentration and reasoning.
6. Multiple studies have shown up to 50 percent reduction in the risk of strokes in moderate alcohol drinkers. The American Stroke Association have stated that two alcoholic drinks per day can decrease the incidence of stroke.
Read this article in Times of India
Op-ed pieces and contributions are the opinions of the writers only and do not represent the opinions of Y!/YNaija