Lagos deputy governor’s residence catches fire, electrical fault blamed

by Isi Esene

Lagos deputy governor, Orelope Adefulire

There was panic yesterday as news spread that the official residence of the deputy governor of Lagos, Adejoke Orelope-Adefulire was on fire.

Reports, however, have it that the incident, which happened at her Osborne residence, was a minor one which was quickly put under control.

The fire which, according to sources, started around 6:22pm on Sunday, noticeably started from the boys’ quarters. It was said to have been put off by fire extinguishers.

Reports say it was caused by an electrical spark.

Tunde Abatan, the media aide to the deputy governor said, “There was nobody at the boys’ quarter at the time of the incident. The spark was quickly fixed; it did not cause fire at all. I can assure you that the deputy governor is in her apartment.”

The state commissioner for information, Lateef Ibirogba wondered why the incident is being blown out of proportion.

“It was just a spark that was quickly attended to, nothing more than that,” he said.

These submissions were in line with at of the director of the state fire service, Fadipe Idowu, who also described the incident as minor.

He said, “It was just a spark that affected the metre board. It was put out with fire extinguisher before we arrived at the place.”

Leave a reply

Your e-mail address will not be published.

cool good eh love2 cute confused notgood numb disgusting fail