These are the top five stories that drove conversation today
1. Recession is inevitable when a polytechnic graduate is the finance minister – Reno Omokri
Reno Omokri, Special Assistant to ex-President, Goodluck Jonathan has said Nigeria is in recession because of the quality of people President Muhammadu Buhari appointed into his cabinet.
He specifically said the country was in recession because the Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun attended a Polytechnic in the United Kingdom.
2. Just In: Presidential aircraft handed over to Air Force crashes
One of the Presidential aircrafts handed over to the Nigerian Air Force, the Agusta AW 101 has crashed at the Nigerian Air Force base in Makurdi.
3. Obasanjo most corrupt person ever – Reps
The House of Representatives on Thursday took a swipe at former President Olusegun Obasanjo, describing the him as the most corrupt Nigerian in history.
4. Suicide bomb attack kills 2 in Maiduguri
A suicide bomb attack at Muna garage in Maiduguri, Borno State capital on Wednesday night has left two people dead.
5. Dangote, Otedola attend Arsenal Vs PSG game (PHOTO)
Billionaires Aliko Dangote and Femi Otedola on Wednesday attended Arsenal’s Champions League game with Paris Saint Germain.