These are the top five stories that drove conversations today.
- Court orders FG to release Zakzaky
Justice Gabriel Kolawole of the Federal High Court sitting in Abuja on Friday ordered the release of the leader of the Shi’a Islamic Movement in Nigeria, Ibrahim El-Zakzaky.
2. Gambian President loses fifth re-election bid after 22 years reign
President of the Gambia, Yahya Jammeh has lost his bid to be re-elected as the leader of the African country for the fifth time.
Jameh lost to opposition candidate, Adams Barrow.
3. Owner of MMM Nigeria revealed (MUST READ)
A Nigerian based in South Africa, Ernest Chigozie Mbanefo has been uncovered as the owner of the popular ponzi scheme, MMM Nigeria.
4. There’s corruption even in the EFCC – Magu
Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu has said there is corruption everywhere,even in the EFCC.
5. Messi, Ronaldo, Griezmann shortlisted for FIFA player award
World football governing body, FIFA on Friday announced the 3-man nominee for the Best FIFA Men’s Player award.
Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Antoine Griezmann make up the list.