The Future Pre-Awards “Do Something” Conference is a rare opportunity for young Nigerians to meet with high-achieving role models who they would otherwise not have the opportunity to meet. The speakers don’t give lectures – rather, the participants ask them any questions on their minds about how they succeeded or how they achieved and get real time responses that are practical and useful.
Registration has begun for the annual The Future Pre-Awards “Do Something” Conference. This is the third edition of the conference and it holds on Saturday, 29 January 2011 at the Main Auditorium of the University of Lagos, Akoka, Yaba by 11am.
The awards proper hold the next day at Landmark Events Centre, Victoria Island, Lagos.
TFA have confirmed some new speakers for the event, including:
- Bode Pedro (MD, Veda Technology)
- John Momoh (Chairman, Channels TV)
- Uche Nnaji (Ouch!)
Other speakers for the explosive session are
• Professor Pat Utomi (Director, Centre for Applied Economics, Lagos Business School)
• Abike Dabiri (Member, House of Representatives)
• Dr. Rasheed Gbadamosi (Former Chairman, Petroleum Product Pricing and Regulatory Agency)
• Professor Oye Ibidapo-Obe (Former Vice Chancellor, University of Lagos/President, Nigeria Academy of Science)
• Tonye Cole (Executive Director, Sahara Group)
• Pastor Tunde Bakare (Senior Pastor, Latter Rain Assembly/Founder, Save Nigeria Group)
• Poju Oyemade (Senior Pastor, Covenant Christian Centre)
• Betty Irabor (Publisher, Genevieve Magazine)
• Iretiola Doyle (Actress/TV Presenter)
• Steve Babaeko (Creative Director, 141 Worldwide)
• Banky W (Musician/Performer)
• Ayo Animashaun (Founder Hip Hop World Awards and Executive Producer HIP on TV)
• Debbie Ogunjobi (C.E.O Everywoman)
• Kemi Adetiba (Director/ TV Presenter)
• Tosyn Bucknor (Radio Presenter/Writer)
• Fela Durotoye (Development Strategist)
• Nicholas Okoye (CEO, Anabel)
• Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde (Actress/Musician)
• Peace Anyiam-Osigwe (CEO, AMAA Awards)
Tickets are now on sale for N1000 (however for students with ID cards, they go for N500). The tickets are available at any Ouch! shop in Lagos Surulere, Maryland, Ikota or the Silverbird Galleria – or at the venue of the conference – Unilag Main Auditorium.
Participants who want confirmed seats can however register on www.thefuturenigeria.com.
This event is supported by Access Bank, HiTV and the Miccom Golf Resorts. Official Media Partners are Y! (www.ynaija.com), Cool FM and Wazobia FM.