Saraki’s CCT trial adjourned for the fourth time

by Azeez Adeniyi

Prosecutor of the Federal Government in the trial against Senate President Bukola Saraki at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT), Rotimi Jacobs on Thursday asked that the matter be adjourned again.

At the resumption of the case, Jacobs said his witness who is Saraki’s account officer was unavailable.

He said the witness informed him that he would be undergoing surgery, so would not be able to present himself.

[Read Also: CCT TO HOLD SARAKI, NGWUTA’S TRIAL DAILY]

Jacobs, therefore, urged the tribunal to adjourn the matter.

Danladi Umar, chairman of the tribunal, adjourned the case till May 4 for continuation of trial.

The prosecution had earlier asked for adjournments thrice before today.

The case was initially slated for April 18, but it was shifted to 25, and then to Thursday, and now to May 4.

Saraki is facing charges of false asset declaration.

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published.

cool good eh love2 cute confused notgood numb disgusting fail