by Sayo Owolabi
1) ANDY MURRAY: He has been the World No. 4 in Tennis since I was born (now that’s a joke). Seriously though up till now he has not lived up to the hype, he surprised his critics by defeating Roger Federer in the Shanghai Masters.
2) FIFA: Hate it or love it, the world football governing body has reiterated the fact that it has ZERO tolerance for corruption.
3) GARETH BALE: He’s that Welsh Leftback who scored a hat trick against UEFA Champions League defending champions, Inter Milan, as he led the Tottenham revival after 4 goals in the first half.
4) WEST BROMWICH ALBION: The Premier League side came back from the dead to draw 2–2 against Manchester United at Old Trafford.
5) CESC FABREGAS: Definitely, this Barcelona player in waiting returned to the team, and we saw it demolish Shaktar Donesk in the UEFA Champion’s League to maintain the Gunners 100% record.
1) DR AMOS ADAMU: By now you should definitely know why he tops our flops list. For our story, see here.
2) DAVIDSON OWUMI: This man closely follows Adamu, based on his arrest by the EFCC, though the issue is still being investigated.
3) THE NIGERIA TENNIS FEDERATION: Their ward sat the 10th Governor’s Cup had a woeful outing. A reflection of the true state of the federation, I’d say.
4) WAYNE ROONEY: Manchester United fans would like this one. Rooney claims that he wants to leave the club – he wants to win trophies, he says. Hmm, I wonder what he would say if he was an Arsenal player?
5) SIR ALEX FERGUSON: Baba as he’s fondly called is having another personality clash with one of his star players (Wayne Rooney). We remember the cases of David Beckham, Roy Keane and Juan Sebastian Veron to mention a few – they all ended up leaving the club.
Photo credit: telegraph.co.uk