by UpNepa (Nigerian Entertainment Police Authority)
It’s been a few days since Sam Loco Efe passed away, but @upnepadotcom must pay tribute. We pay our last respect with 20 facts about the veteran:
1. Sam Loco Efeeimwonkiyeke was born in Enugu 66yrs ago and grew up in Abakiliki.
2. He is from Benin Edo State, the last of his Father’s children and the only male child.
3. Sam Loco did some street trading just to enable him acquire education in the eastern region.
4. Sam Loco was also a very good footballer and played for almost 10secondary schools receiving scholarships.
5. He was so stubborn as a kid, he got expelled from school to school culminating in him attending almost 10 second schools
6. He worked for Michelin Tyre Company Ijora as well as for Dunlop in his younger says.
7. One of his first foray into acting was producing William Shakespeare’s Julius Ceaser.
8. He also played the role of Akara Ogun at FESTAC 77.
9. He always believed “Langbodo” (Nigeria’s entry play at Festac was truly his first well paid job as he played the leading role in it and got the best actor award 4 it
10. He was still working in Dunlop when the “Hotel De Jordan” series began in 1970. It was a popular program in Benin at the time.
Rest in peace, sir!
Follow @upnepadotcom on Twitter