TICKER: It’s enough!: Court protects teenager from rapist father

An Ojo Magistrate Court, on Thursday, ordered a teenage girl allegedly raped by her 53-year-old father to stay in protective custody.

The defendant, Donatu Nzewi, was first arraigned on August 22, 2012 on a single count charge of sexual assault, after their neighbours were drawn to the plight of his18-year-old daughter.

The prosecuting officer, ASP Friday Eze, told the court that a neighbour noticed that Nzewi’s daughter had been brutalised, and reported the matter at their neighbourhood police station at Ajangbadi.

Eze said on that occasion, Nzewi had beaten up his teenage daughter and threatened to kill her after she refused to give in to his sexual demand.

He said that the accused had turned to his daughter for his sexual pleasure, following his wife’s demise.

The prosecutor also told Magistrate J. Akhanamoya that the victim had shared her experience with the police, but Nzewi, a petty trader, pleaded not guilty to the charge.

Akhanamoya denied the defendant bail and adjourned the case to November 7, 2012 for further hearing on the bail application.

Daily Times

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published.

cool good eh love2 cute confused notgood numb disgusting fail