TICKER: The irony: Kate Middleton gets garland from topless tribeswomen in Solomon Islands

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are welcomed to Marau, Solomon Islands

Kate Middleton couldn’t escape her topless photo scandal even in a remote corner of the world on Monday, but she seemed to laugh it off as she came face to face with a reminder in the Solomon Islands.

The Duchess of Cambridge could be seen smiling and giggling in the village of Marau as she was greeted by a group of bare-chested women upon her arrival with Prince William.

The topless women, draped in the island’s traditional garb, presented the couple with garlands to wear during their visit. The move seemed to amuse Kate, who laughed and covered her face as the situation must have hit close to home.

KATE18F_2_WEB

The Duchess has been making an effort to stay cheerful despite the growing storm around her overexposure in a series of paparazzi pictures published last week, which captured her sunbathing topless while on vacation at a friend’s home in France.

Prince William and Kate officially took legal action over the photos on Monday, as their team filed charges against the French tabloid “Closer” that published the pictures.

“We can confirm that a criminal complaint has been made to the French Prosecution Department today,” a Clarence House spokesman said on Monday, according to People Magazine. “The complaint concerns the taking of photographs of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge whilst on holiday and the publication of those photographs in breach of their privacy.”

KATE18F_3_WEB

The lawyers are seeking to have all the images removed from newsstands and from the magazine’s website.

Thirteen of the pictures were also published by the Irish Daily Star, which called them “very, very tasteful,” and Italian tabloid Chi defied the royal family by printing a 26-page spread of the photos on Monday under the headline “The Queen is Naked!”

“Since Kate is not exactly Alice in Wonderland, she should have expected this,” Chi editor Signorini reportedly told Italian paper Corriere della Sera on Monday. “If I had had more scandalous photos I would have willingly published them.”

The royal couple made it clear they will strike back with “all proportionate responses,” but a palace source told People the initial fury over the photos has faded as they move to take practical steps.

Their “anger has subsided,” the source told the magazine.

Meanwhile, the royals are trying to keep the focus on their Diamond Jubilee Tour throughout Asia. They are currently enjoying what is being described as a “second honeymoon” on the island of Marapa, where they are reportedly stayingin a $1,260-a-night bungalow.

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published.

cool good eh love2 cute confused notgood numb disgusting fail