These are the top ten stories that made headlines this week
1. FIFA President visits Nigeria
New FIFA President, Gianni Infantino, paid an official visit to Nigeria last week. He was received by President Muhammadu Buhari, Senate President Bukola Saraki as well as the Nigerian Football Federation.
2. Abuja-Kaduna railway commissioned
President Muhammadu Buhari, alongside members of his cabinet, has commissioned the Abuja-Kaduna railway.
3. UBA denies housing $2 billion used to execute failed Turkey coup
The United Bank for Africa (UBA) has denied allegations that it was involved in the failed coup plot in Turkey.
4. PDP zones 2019 presidency to North
Nigeria’s main opposition party, the Peoples Democratic Party, has zoned the 2019 presidency to the north.
5. Tiwa Savage signs to Roc Nation
Marvin first lady, Tiwa Savage, has officially announced her signing to Jay Z owned record label, Roc Nation.
6. Pete Edochie has a message for Ekweremadu, APC governors
Foremost Nollywood actor, Pete Edochie, has made an unusual comment on the ongoing political tussle to remove Ike Ekweremadu as the Deputy Senate President.
7. Iyanya and Ubi Franklin part ways
Pop singer, Iyanya, has parted ways with his long time manager and business partner, Ubi Franklin.
8. #SaveMayowa scam or not
9. 17 schools in Nigeria were involved in failed coup in Turkey – Ambassador
The Turkish Ambassador to Nigeria has alleged that about 17 schools in Nigeria were involves in the failed coup attempt in Turkey.
10. DSS seals Appropriations committee office
Following the accusations made by the House Committee Chairman on Appropriation, Abdulmummin Jibrin, that the 2016 budget was padded by the House of Representative leadership, the Department of State Security has locked up the Appropriation committee office.