You are quite protective (not possessive or controlling) of one another and of the privacy of your romantic lives.
The chemistry between a man and woman can be either good chemistry or bad chemistry. Many of us, through lots of experience know what it feels like to be in a relationship where the chemistry can be very strong, but it is destructive on an individuals level and as a couple. Relationships founded on this chemistry are often riddled with pain, guilt, fear and any number of thoughts and feelings that are energy depleting and can quickly spiral to obsessions and depression.
What about good chemistry, what does it feel and look like, and how do you know the chemistry between the two of you is good? How do you know you are with the right person?
1. You feel very comfortable with one another, as if you have known each other longer than you actually have.
2. You tend to agree with one another on most issues, and there is a feeling of warm familiarity surrounding your personal belief systems, values, philosophies and life goals.
3. You instinctively consider each other as equals and no one person does more sacrificing to be with the other.
4. You are very much involved in one another’s daily affairs and conversations between the two of you are generally mentally stimulating and lively.
5. You joke around with each other a lot, and your relationship is spontaneous and light, adding a happy and friendly boost to your interactions.
6. You nurture each other with specialized attention, mutual appreciation, acceptance, admiration and playfulness; these keep the romance alive.
7. You enjoy spending plenty of quite time together in homely surroundings giving true meaning to the words feeling “at home” with one another.
8. Open communication is alive and thriving, making it possible to be yourselves with one another.
9. There is a shared feeling of growth and support of one another and both of you give each other room to grow as a self-directed independent individual.
10. You are more able than most couples to remain objective about your relationship and to work through problems that most couples find very difficult to deal with.
11. You are warm, gracious, compassionate and flexible with one another, and tend to expect the best from one another.
12. You easily forgive each other when things go wrong and trusting one another keeps you closer.
13. You are quite protective (not possessive or controlling) of one another and of the privacy of your romantic lives. Others see you as a positively bonded and caring couple.
14. There is no fear of losing the other and commitment to each other and dedication to your relationship are important for your sense of security as a couple.
15. There is an earthy sensuality to your relationship and the sexual chemistry between you is so apparent it’s almost tangible.
16. Expressing yourselves emotionally and sexually comes naturally and without inhibitions. Feeling secure with one another puts you in the “mood” for intimacy and strengthens your affections for one another.
17. Together you are able to take big risks knowing that you will always have reach other and can always count on each other.
18. There is a whole lot of positive energy generated between the two of you, and together, you are enthusiastic about life itself.
19. The longer you’re with each other, the stronger your relationship becomes.
20. The relationship is so life-changing that you know without a doubt in your heart that if it were to end, you will take something from it. You feel that you are somehow a different and better person.
Hopefully this information will put your heart and mind to rest. But if it causes you to feel “uneasy” then you need to really look at who you are with. You can be honest with yourself and face the pain that comes with the realization that you may not be with the right person for you, or you can ignore it now and later regret why knowing what you know you still pursued a relationship that was not good for you. The beauty of all this is that you have the power over what you choose to do!
Christine Akiteng is a renowned Sexual Confidence/Dating Coach and author of e-Books: The Art Of Seducing Out Of Fullness, Breaking A Bad Relationships Pattern, and Playing Hard-To-Get The Love Way.
Op-ed pieces and contributions are the opinions of the writers only and do not represent the opinions of Y!/YNaija.