by Melissa D’Costa
Don’t spoil or throw away your own happiness and joy in life because of the mistakes, faults and imperfections in others
1. Understand that nothing is permanent in life. Things, people and relationships do change, and we should be ready to accept this fact.
2. It takes huge time involvement and investment to understand people. So, don’t rush into a serious relationship while the scars of the first one are still fresh.
3. Don’t spoil or throw away your own happiness and joy in life because of the mistakes, faults and imperfections in others.
4. Relationships collapse due to expectations and very often less realistic ones. So, if you want to have a lasting relationship, have minimum expectations.
5. Don’t remain obsessed with what you have given in the relationship. Also, celebrate what you have received. What you have given was also a part of a happy, joyful, loving relationship, so don’t hold on to it, let go and move on.
Read this article in iDiva
Op-ed pieces and contributions are the opinions of the writers only and do not represent the opinions of Y!/YNaija.