Everyone who gathered at the Eko Convention Centre to watch Asa perform on Saturday night knew what to expect. Each person was set to have the spirit descend on them, they were set to be shook and left in that state for months, it was bound to be another glorious night.
And Asa gave everything they sought from her and even more…
She crowned the night with a promise to return again next year.
Here are ten photos that capture the very essence of Asa Live in Lagos Encore concert:
1. It was like a worship experience, with hands and hearts lifted up.
2. Asa had the crowd transfixed for three hours and still they didn’t want her to stop
3. She performed songs even from her self-titled 2007 album because they can never ever be old.
4. Asa, her band and the 30-piece orchestra were in perfect sync and together, they set the stage on fire.
5. Asa’s unequalled stage presence is why she remains the best of her type.
6. She played the trumpet too.
7. And we do this again in 2018…
Photos: Insigna Media
Your pop culture/entertainment go-to. Music head. Wallflower. I do not like to write. On a mission to decipher covfefe.