by Smitten Kitten
Your body sometimes speaks a lot about yourself without you even talking. So, make sure you don’t end up giving out the wrong signals.
1. Keep him waiting: Whoever said arriving late is fashionable, never scored a date. While it’s a common notion that women are always late, let us make it clear that it’s a wrong stereotype. Try being on time to let him know that you value his time and he is important to you. Your effort to be punctual won’t go unnoticed.
2. Dress skimpy: You may want to look like Rihanna and Beyonce to attract the guy of your dream. But, believe us, not many can pull off the skimpy outfits. Besides, showing too much skin, they will make you come across as desperate. The point is to look pretty in whatever you’re comfortable in. So don’t underestimate the power of skinny jeans and a tee.
3. Wear too much make up: If wearing skimpy clothes is bad, wearing too much make up is worse. We know you want to sweep this guy off his feet, but overdoing the make up thing will only scare him away. We’re not saying you go completely make up-free either. Just use a little to enhance your natural beauty. We’re sure he won’t be able to take his eyes off you.
4. Starve yourself: This is a common problem of most young women across the globe (not us, we eat everything that comes our way). We’re not advocating unhealthy eating, but don’t be a spoil sport by starving yourself. Trust us, most men love women with some curves. And on a date, nobody wants to eat alone, right?
5. Talk about other men: Want to play the jealousy card? Well, it’s too old fashioned and doesn’t work anymore. On the contrary, talking about other men, exes etc. will only put him off. If you are attracted to this guy, make him feel special by talking about him, not other random men.
6. Be someone else: Kurt Cobain said, “Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.” We completely agree with the legend. Men like women who are genuine and authentic. So, don’t try to be someone you are not only to please others. Pretending to be someone you are not is not fun for yourself or him. Besides, do you really want to be with someone who likes you for what you are not?
7. Wrong body language: Your body sometimes speaks a lot about yourself without you even talking. So, make sure you don’t end up giving out the wrong signals. You don’t want to come across as cheap and easy. Be classy and carry yourself with poise.
8. Negativity: You may be having low self-esteem or like being a damsel in distress, but talking negatively and having negative thoughts all the time can be a deal breaker. Try meditation or seek professional help if you find yourself being negative always. Because if you don’t love yourself, nobody will.
Read this article in iDiva
Op-ed pieces and contributions are the opinions of the writers only and do not represent the opinions of Y!/YNaija.