The wife of President Muhammadu Buhari, Aisha has criticised the management of the State House Clinic – Just like Zahra Buhari did earlier.
- Zahra Buhari had last week taken to her Instagram page to criticise the Permanent Secretary of the State House, Jalal Arabi, for his inability to equip the clinic with as little as Paracetamol, even with a budget of N3 billion.
Highlights from Aisha’s outburst:
- Speaking Monday at a stakeholders meeting on Reproductive, Maternal, Nutrition, Child Advocacy and Health and Nutrition, RMNCAH+N, at the State House, Abuja, Aisha said she recently fell ill and was advised to travel to London for treatment, but she refused.
- “I called the Aso Clinic to find out if they have an X-Ray machine, they said it’s not working. In the end, I had to go to a hospital owned and operated by foreigners 100 percent.“
- “They don’t have a single syringe there. What is the purpose of the buildings if there are no equipment there to work with?”
- “You can imagine what happens across the states to governors wives if this will happen to me in Abuja.”
The Aso Rock Clinic management said last week it was short of funds for major projects and purchases and would demand the commercialisation of the clinic’s operations for efficiency.
Omoleye Omoruyi… an apprentice web/game developer, novelist, sensitive to happenings in the world. Meet him @Lord_rickie on Twitter/Instagram