by Dolapo Adelana
These are the top five stories you should be monitoring today.
1. PDP crisis: Makarfi faction surrenders, recognises Sheriff as national chairman
The leadership crisis in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) seems to have come to an end after the Senator Ahmed Makarfi faction of the party recongised Senator Ali Modu-Sheriff as the National Chairman of the party.
2. Defence Headquarters gets new spokesperson
The Defence Headquarters has appointed Major General John Eneche as the new Director Defence information.
3. ‘How DSS torture left Lagos pastor blind’
Alleged torture by operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS) has reportedly left the pastor in charge of Gracious and Mercy Prophetic International Church, Egbeda, Lagos, Ejimozor Williams, blind.
4. APC, Political freedom, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Kashim Shettima
Borno Governor, Alhaji Kashim Shettima, on Tuesday said the All Progressives Congress National Leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, was honoured by his state for saving it from falling into the hands of tyrants.
5. Nigerians have no confidence in all arms of government – Osinbajo
The acting President, Yemi Osinbajo, on Tuesday said Nigerians have lost confidence in all arms of government in the country.
Dolapo is a writer and journalist who works with YNaija. He has interests in Christianity, politics and sports.