These are the top five stories you should monitor today.
- 4 dead, 20 injured in UK Parliament attack
At least four persons have been confirmed dead in Wednesday’s terror attack in London.
The Metropolitan Police confirmed the development, saying the attacker, have died has also been killed.
2. Our democracy is coming to an end | Senate reacts to SGF’s plan to shun invitation
The Senate on Wednesday said Nigeria’s democracy was heading towards total destruction because of the refusal of the executive to honour legislative summons.
3. Certificate scandal: ABU reverses decision to release statement
The management of Ahmadu Bello University on Wednesday reversed its decision to publish a statement addressing claims that Senator Dino Melaye didn’t graduate from the institution as claimed.
4. Ile-Ife clash: Afenifere to defend Yoruba suspects with 100 lawyers
The Yoruba socio-cultural organisation, Afenifere has said it would hire over 100 lawyers to defend the 20 indigenes of Ile-Ife, who have been accused of being involved in the recent clash between Yoruba and Hausa traders.
5. Police arrest three suspects over Zaki Biam killings
The Police in Benue on Wednesday said it has arrested three suspects allegedly involved in Monday killings at Zaki Biam in Ukum Local Government Area of the state.