by Dolapo Adelana
These are the top five stories you should be monitoring today.
1. How EFCC discovered massive stash of monies in Lagos apartment (WATCH)
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on Wednesday discovered a huge stash of money at an apartment in Ikoyi, Lagos.
2. Ex-PDP chair, Adamu Muazu reportedly owns house where EFCC discovered over $50m
16 Osborne Towers, Ikoyi, Lagos, a residential apartment where operatives of the Economic Financial Crime and Commission (EFCC), recovered a humongous amount of money reportedly belongs to a former National Chairman of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Ahmadu Adamu Mu’azu.
3. Nigeria has failed our children – Ezekwesili
Co-convener of the Bring Back Our Girls(BBOG) movement, Obiageli Ezekwesili, says the nation has failed its children over its inability to secure the release of 195 schoolgirls abducted from Chibok on April 14, 2014. by Boko Haram insurgents.
4. Over $50m discovered by EFCC reportedly belongs to sacked NNPC MD, Ogbue
The monies recovered on Wednesday in a residential building located at Osborne Towers, Ikoyi, by the Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) reportedly belongs to the sacked Managing Director, Operations at the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue.
5. WAEC confirmed Andy Uba’s result was forged, Ex-lawyer says
An Abuja-based private investigator, Victor Uwajeh has said Senator representing Anambra South, Andy Uba forged his O-level certificate from the West African Examinations Council (WAEC).
Dolapo is a writer and journalist who works with YNaija. He has interests in Christianity, politics and sports.