These are the top five stories you should monitor today.
- Stop bailout to states owing salaries, Senate tells FG
The Senate on Thursday urged the Federal Government to suspend payment of bailout funds to states still owing salaries.
2. Amaechi had issues with Patience, not me – Jonathan
Former President Goodluck Jonathan has said he has no issues with Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi.
3. Jonathan never showed commitment to fight against insurgency – Shettima
Borno State governor, Kashim Shettima has said former President Goodluck Jonathan did not show commitment to fight Boko Haram insurgency in the North-East.
4. We have enough forex for end users, bank customers – CBN
The Banker’s Committee of the Central Bank on Thursday declared that there was adequate stock of foreign exchange to sustain the spate of dollar sales to various segments of forex market.
5. Appear before investigative team or risk arrest, Police tell Goje
The Nigeria Police Force has said it will arrest Senator representing Gombe-Central district, Danjuma Goje, if he refuses to honour its invitations.