These are the top five stories you should monitor today.
- DRAMA AS SENATORS ATTEMPT TO DECLARE SARAKI ACTING PRESIDENT
A mild drama occurred in the Senate on Tuesday after Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe raised an order that there was a vacuum in government because Acting President Yemi Osinbajo was not in the country.
2. NIGERIA IS AN ARTIFICIAL CREATION, IT CAN BLOW UP AT ANY TIME – AGBAKOBA
Former President of the Nigerian Bar Association, Dr. Olisa Agbakoba (SAN) on Tuesday rejected the call for restructuring of the country.
3. MELAYE’S RECALL PROCESS IS A WASTE OF TIME – SARAKI
Senate President Bukola Saraki has described moves to recall Senator representing Kogi West, Dino Melaye from the Senate as a waste of time.
4. HOW YARI BUILT HOTEL WITH N500M, $500,000 PARIS CLUB FUNDS – EFCC
A Federal High Court in Abuja has ordered an interim forfeiture of the sums of N500m and $500,000 allegedly looted from the Paris Club refunds.
The funds were linked to governor of Zamfara state and Chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum, Abdulaziz Yari.
5. MY FAMILY NEEDS ACCESS TO CLOTHES, SHOES | EX-MINISTER BALA MOHAMMED TELLS COURT
Former minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Bala Mohammed has asked a High Court In Abuja to allow him access to his house in the FCT.
Mohammed in an application on Tuesday said he and other members of his family needed to retrieve some personal belongings from the house.