These are the top five stories to monitor today
1. Jonathan alleges threat to his life
Following accusations that he is a sponsor of militant group, Niger Delta Avengers, former President Goodluck Jonathan has alleged that there are plans to assassinate him.
2. Jibrin defies APC directives, speaks on budget padding
The former chairman House of Representatives committee on Appropriation Abdulmumin Jibrin has defied an order by his party, the All Progressives Congress (APC) to stop speaking publicly about the budget padding scandal.
3. Sharia council says Shi’ism isn’t Islamic
The Supreme Council for Sharia in Nigeria has called for the punishment of members of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria (IMN) also known as Shi’ite.
4. Wike, IYC, denies involvement with NDA
Rivers state governor, Nyesom Wike, and the President of the Ijaw youth council has denied the accusations that they are sponsors of Niger Delta Avengers.
5. Is Obasanjo the most corrupt man in Nigeria?
Well a former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Ghali Na’abba, has stated that the former President is a very corrupt man.