These are the top five stories to monitor today.
- APC adopts Akeredolu as its candidate
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has adopted Rotimi Akeredolu as its candidate for the forthcoming governorship election in Ondo state.
2. Femi Falana warns against sale of national assets
Prominent Human Rights lawyer, Femi Falana, has warned the federal government not to sale off Nigeria’s assets.
3. BBOG supports Buhari’s invite to the UN
The Bring Back Our Girls (BBOG) Group has endorsed President Muhammadu Buhari’s descison to invite the United Nations to negotiate the release of the abducted Chibok girls.
4. NLC too rejects call to sell national assets
The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has rejected calls for the sale of national assets to help stimulate the economy.
5. IGP to SARS: Stop torturing and killing suspects
The Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris,has warned officers of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) to stop torturing and killing suspects.