BREAKING: Fire guts Tunde Bakare’s house

by Ifreke Inyang

It seems that Good Friday has turned out to b quite the opposite for the family of Pastor Tunde Bakare, as their fire razed the top floor of their home at Biodun Close, off Henry Adefowope Crescent in Awuse Estate, Lagos.

Neighbours say the fire started around 2pm and was put out around 5pm by officials of the Lagos State Fire and Safety Service. Confirming the incident, Mr Bakare who sat in front of his house as the fire was being extinguished said: “It is not a rumour. It is my residence that caught fire and got burnt, but no life was lost. We thank God for that.” He further said that the “fire started in my boys’ room and gulped the whole of first floor.”

Pastor Tunde Bakare, who was the running mate of General Mohammadu Buhari (rtd) in the recently concluded presidential election was asked whether the incident was simply a domestic accident or possibly politically motivated. “I cannot answer any questions along that line. I do not know the cause of the fire and I do not want to create any sensational news out of the incident,” he replied. “Fire is fire. I can’t say it’s political sabotage or whatever. I just know that we were in the house and fire started in my boys’ room and gulped the whole of first floor. Let’s leave it at that.”

However, more than six armed policemen were seen within the premises. In addition, the fact that no journalists were allowed to enter the premises has fuelled the suspicion of sabotage.

Comments (3)

  1. I see he fire in the North caused by supporters of his party has spread to his house. Interesting!

  2. Eee ya! God is in control

  3. But, you gotta give it to this man. He knows how to play to the gallery. How can it be political sabotage when he knows where the fire started and who was in the room (his sons)? It means they must have done something reckless and started the fire. Children do this all the time.

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published.

cool good eh love2 cute confused notgood numb disgusting fail