#BringBackOurGirls: Netanyahu calls Jonathan, ready to help; Army deploys troops to hunt for Chibok schoolgirls & other important news you should know today

by Oge Okonkwo

benjamin

#BringBackOurGirls: Netanyahu calls Jonathan, ready to help

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday offered to help Nigeria search for hundreds of schoolgirls kidnapped by extremist Islamist group Boko Haram, his office said.

A statement said that Netanyahu, currently on an official visit to Japan, made the proposal in a telephone call to Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan.

“Israel expresses its deep shock at the crime against the girls,” it quoted the premier as saying. Read more….

Army deploys troops to hunt for ‘Chibok girls’

Nigeria’s army has posted two divisions to hunt for 200 schoolgirls abducted last month by the Boko Haram sect in an attack that has been condemned globally.

The soldiers are stationed in the border region close to Chad, Cameroon and Niger to work with other security agencies, said Chris Olukolade, a General and spokesman for the Defence Headquarters.

President Goodluck Jonathan has faced criticism for his slow response since Boko Haram militants stormed a secondary school in Chibok, near the Cameroon border, on April 14, and kidnapped the girls, who were taking exams. Read more….

Don’t blame opposition for terrorism, APC tells President Jonathan

The All Progressives Congress, (APC), has asked President Goodluck Jonathan to stop blaming opposition for the insecurity in the country and earn his place as the Commander-in-Chief of the nation’s armed forces by developing a successful counter-insurgency to tackle the Boko Haram menace.

Addressing journalists this afternoon in Lagos, the National Chairman of the party, Chief Bisi Akande, warned President Jonathan to stop passing the buck and come out with a counter terrorism strategy to tackle the insurgency in the North-east. Read more….

Don’t advertise your strategies on Boko Haram, Cleric tells military 

The Catholic Bishop of Ekiti Diocese, Most Reverend Felix Ajakaye, has advised the military against publicising its strategies against the Boko Haram insurgents.

Ajakaye gave the advice in an interview with newsmen on Sunday in Abuja on the sideline of the 10th anniversary of the inauguration of Knights of St. John International, Commandery  574.

He expressed concern over the way the Nigerian military revealed sensitive anti-Boko Haram activities and plans in a bid to convince the public that “it was on top of the situation”. Read more….

Police warn residents to desist from jungle justice or face the law

The Police Command in Ekiti State has warned residents in the state to desist from jungle justice, henceforth, or face the wrath of the law.

The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Victor Babayemi, gave the warning while speaking with journalists in Ikere-Ekiti on Sunday.

He said that the warning became necessary because of the rampant cases of jungle justice in the state.

The police image maker specifically referred to the recent unlawful killing and burning of a woman suspected to be a kidnapper at Ikere-Ekiti by an irate mob. Read more….

Comments (0)

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

cool good eh love2 cute confused notgood numb disgusting fail