Staying true to their core values and brand message of culture, heritage and orijinality, Orijin has given us a sneak peek into the life of their ambassador. We have learnt a lot about Reminisce; and there is nothing more captivating than when you find out that you have so much in common with this truly down to earth and orijinal individual.
‘Baba Hafusa’ shared a great deal of his life thus far in the Vlog series titled ‘A Day In Life of Reminisce.’ Bet you didn’t know some of the things that were revealed from the episodes…
1. 10 years ago, the now Local Rapper was selling shoes at local shop on the streets, selling shoes.
2. His parents were completely against the idea of him becoming a rapper. ‘Parents, what you want and what they want are often two completely different things’.
3. Reminisce actually ran away from home for 6 years to pursue his music career.
4. Remi has been rapping since Junior High School, imitating rap songs from Tupac and Snoop Dogg and his favourite rapper, Nas.
5. Alaga Ibile enjoys making Orijin mixes by mixing fresh fruit juice and Orijin bitters. Watch how he went about it.
6. Reminisce is very family oriented. His Album ‘Baba Hafusa’ was titled after his daughter Hafusa, the hit track ‘Daddy Mi’ was dedicated to his Father and His wife was his inspiration for ‘Gboriroro’.
7. The legendary producer ID Cabasa, discovered Reminisce’s musical talent and was instrumental in refining Reminisce’s style see why!
8. Reminisce’s real name is Remilekun Abdulkalid Safaru.
9. In the early stage of his career Reminisce rapped in English, but later switched his style to relate more with his fans.
10. Reminisce is the one and only Brand Ambassador for Orijin, reason being he represents what the drink stands for, which is embracing the African culture.
Missed any of the episodes? Click here to catch the entire scoop! Remember, you’ve got to be 18+. Please drink responsibly.